The City of Rehoboth Beach provides for separate collection of:
Refuse Pickup Schedule
- Refuse, recycling, and yard waste bins must be compatible with tipper mechanisms on the city's trucks. This means that a receptacle must have a bar on one of its sides that locks into the tipper mechanism. Residents may provide their own bins or order from the city by calling 302-227-6181, ext. 123. Each of the bins above would be acceptable.
- Twice-a-week refuse pickup begins in mid-April and ends at the end of October with a special citywide pickup on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Yard waste is picked up every other Wednesday.
- Seasonal weekly loose leaf pickup begins the first week of October and continues through the second Friday of May on the southside of Rehoboth on Thursdays and the northside and Schoolvue on Fridays.
- Two times/week
- Mondays and Thursdays – south side of Rehoboth
- Tuesdays and Fridays – north side of Rehoboth, including Schoolvue area
- One time/week – residential pickup
- Mondays – south side of Rehoboth
- Tuesdays – north side of Rehoboth, including Schoolvue area
- Special citywide refuse pickup the Friday after Thanksgiving
Annual Spring Bulk Pickup
In 2024, the city's free annual bulk pickup service will take place on the southside (including Schoolvue and Scarborough Street Ext.) April 29-May 3 and on the northside area May 6-10.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
Acceptable items include:
- e-waste (televisions and computer monitors)*
- universal waste (household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs less than 4 feet, and cell phones)*
- tires (no rims; maximum of 5)
- lumber, pipes, and trimmings less than or equal to FOUR inches in diameter and FIVE feet in length.
*Place these items to the side of your pile of other bulk items. Refrigerant must be recovered from appliances before they can be picked up; owners should contact a professional, such as an employee of an appliance repair shop, to remove refrigerant prior to disposal.
Items that will not be accepted include:
- commercial waste
- dirt, rocks, and bricks
- lawn/tree/shrub trimmings
- glass panes (accepted if broken into pieces, placed in a hard plastic container or cardboard box, and labeled "Glass")
- vehicle batteries
- household garbage
- hot ashes
- heavy materials (such as auto bodies, engines, etc.)
- hazardous waste (such as paint, oil, chemicals, etc.).
Instructions for setting out bulk waste materials:
- Place materials out no more than 24 hours before pickup.
- Place materials in front of your property line and on same side of the street.
- Keep the bulk items pile clear of other objects, including cars.
- Do not block sidewalks and traffic.
Recycling Pickup Schedule
Through its contract with Blue Hen Disposal, the City of Rehoboth Beach provides weekly recycling pickup every Friday from May through September and every other Friday from October through April. To ensure that your recyclables are picked up, place your container curbside between 6 pm Thursday evening and 7 am Friday morning. Your container must be removed from the curb before 9 pm Friday. Blue Hen Disposal is not responsible for collecting recyclables that are not placed curbside prior to 7 am. The city provides one free recycling container to residents.
Recycling and Yard Waste Drop-Off Center
9 am-1 pm Monday, Friday, and Saturday
37540 Oyster House Road, Rehoboth Beach DE 19971
OPEN ONLY TO CITY OF REHOBOTH BEACH RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
To gain entry to the drop-off center:
- RESIDENTS must provide proof of a local City of Rehoboth Beach address and driver's license.
- BUSINESSES must provide a copy of a current Rehoboth Beach business license showing physical location within the city limits.
The Recycling and Yard Waste Center is monitored 24/7.
Yard Waste Pickup Schedule
Every other Wednesday of each month
Please note: All yard waste must be in proper containers or bagged (in paper bags) or bundled and tied. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be picked up.
Leaf Collection Schedule
First Week in October to Second Friday in May
Clean, loose leaves and pine needles are picked up at the curb on the southside on Thursdays and on the northside, including the Schoolvue area, on Fridays. Tree limbs and brush must be tied with rope or twine in arm-length bundles for ease of pickup.
Christmas Tree Removal: Leave loose at the curb with no tinsel or decorations. Remove stand.
Need to dispose of construction materials and hazardous waste?
Contact the Delaware Solid Waste Authority or call 800-404-7080.