You are here
Convention Center Policies
- The City of Rehoboth Beach requires that you purchase a minimum $500,000 single limit liability insurance policy. This is available from an independent insurance agent.
- The lease agreement and the proof of liability insurance must be on file in the Convention Center Office at least five (5) days prior to event.
- The times of the event will be strictly adhered to.
- The Rehoboth Beach Convention Center will be securely locked at night at the end of the event. However, if you need or require additional security the Rehoboth Beach Police Department will hire out officers at a nominal fee.
- As our facilities are smoke-free, appropriate receptacles are located outdoors for those who wish to smoke.
- All exhibitors are requested to use the overhead door on the west side for loading and unloading exhibits.
- No tape of any kind may be placed on the walls or floors in the Convention Center. Nothing may be attached to the cloth [wall] panels. Masking tape may only be used on tables.
- No nails, tacks or any other fasteners are allowed to be used in the Convention Center or on Convention Center equipment.
- There is a tack strip above the panels available for your use. [Our staff will be available to assist you.]
- All trash must be put in trash receptacles provided. Trash will be collected as required during the event.
- All exhibit electrical devices are to be turned off at the end of the exhibit day.
- Local and State fire codes require that you maintain a clear aisle way at all regular and fire exits. 48" is the minimum width required.
- There will be no storage of extra materials or merchandise behind the stage or in the hallways as this is a violation of State and Local fire codes.
- Open flames shall not be permitted in the Convention Center with the exception of sterno used in food service.
- Parking in the west parking lot is strictly prohibited and enforced. Park and enter ONLY on the east side.
- Cleanup of the kitchen, if used, shall be the responsibility of the Lessee. Staff will provide a mop, bucket (and other cleaning materials?).
- The Convention Center staff reserves the right to deny any request or stop any unsafe act they deem necessary.
- Set up hours will be established and strictly adhered to.
- Parking meters in the west side parking lot are not enforced when an event is being held in the Convention Center.
- Any small trailers or storage vans must be parked in the east side parking lot after unloading. (Water tower side.)
- To serve liquor, in addition to the $500,000 liability policy, you also need to purchase an additional $300,000 liquor liability policy. Dispensing of liquor must end at 1:00 a.m.!
- Groups required to obtain a liquor license are also required to obtain a gathering license.
ALL LOCAL AND STATE LIFE SAFETY CODES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.