PARKING METERS & PERMITS IN EFFECT MAY 15-SEPT 15
Scooters and mopeds may not be parked in bicycle racks, on the boardwalk, or on sidewalks in Rehoboth Beach.
A scooter has two wheels, a step-through chassis, and is powered by a motor; this includes mopeds. Motorcycles, motorized skateboards, motorized wheelchairs, and tripeds are NOT scooters. Vehicles with an MC tag issued by DMV are deemed motorcycles and not eligible for scooter permits.
From May 15-September 15, all scooters must have a permit to park on city streets and in parking lots 24 hours a day, seven days a week unless paying at a parking meter.
Scooter Parking Permits
- Permits are $55 for the season.
- Scooter permits are sold only at the Parking Department, located at 1 City Hall Drive, behind 30 Lake Avenue.
- Permits must be affixed to the front of scooters, preferably on one of the forks.
- Wherever possible the rear wheel should be placed against the curb.
Scooter Parking Areas
Scooters may be parked only in areas designated as "Scooter Only" and with a valid scooter permit. Parking locations include:
- end of most beach blocksImage
- designated spots on Baltimore and Wilmington avenues
- the lot designated as "Martin's Lawn" near the Senior Center on Christian Street
- on-street in non-metered areas with a scooter permit
- at parking meters; meter fees must be paid with or without a scooter permit.