PARKING METERS & PERMITS IN EFFECT STARTING FRIDAY, MAY 28, 2021
Scooters and mopeds may not be parked in bicycle racks, on the boardwalk, or on sidewalks in Rehoboth Beach.
A scooter has two wheels, a step-through chassis, and is powered by a motor; this includes mopeds. Motorcycles, motorized skateboards, motorized wheelchairs, and tripeds are NOT scooters.
All scooters must have a permit to park on city streets and in parking lots:
- Beginnng the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day.
- seven days a week, 24 hours per day unless paying at a parking meter.
Scooter Parking Permits
- Permits are $40 for the season.
- Scooter permits are sold only at the Parking Department, located at 1 City Hall Drive, behind 30 Lake Avenue.
- Permits must be affixed to the front of scooters, preferably on one of the forks.
- Wherever possible the rear wheel should be placed against the curb.
Scooter Parking Areas
Scooters may be parked only in areas designated as "Scooter Only" and with a valid scooter permit. Parking locations include:
- end of most beach blocks
- designated spots on Baltimore and Wilmington avenues
- the lot designated as "Martin's Lawn" near the Senior Center on Christian Street
- Deauville Beach parking area (spaces not marked)
- on-street in non-metered areas with a scooter permit
- at parking meters; meter fees must be paid with or without a scooter permit.