PARKING METERS & PERMITS IN EFFECT MAY 15-SEPT 15
From May 15-September 15 annually, parking in the City of Rehoboth Beach is by permit or via meters only. Parking permits are enforced from 10 am-5 pm, and metered spaces require payment from 10 am-10 pm.
Head-in parking is required. Vehicles must be parked head in with the front of the vehicle toward the curb or edge of pavement in all angled or perpendicular parking spaces within the City of Rehoboth Beach. (Handicap-accessible vehicles are exempted from the head-in parking requirement.)
The Parking Department is located at 1 City Hall Drive, behind 30 Lake Avenue. Through the summer season, parking permits also may be purchased from 8:30 am-2:30 pm daily during the summer season at kiosks in the 700 block of Bayard Avenue, between Stockley and Norfolk streets, and at 408 Rehoboth Avenue just beyond the drawbridge and traffic circle as you come into town. Parking permits are available on a daily, weekend, weekly, or seasonal basis.
Parking Department Hours
May 15-September 15: 8 am-10 pm daily (lobby closes at 6 pm)
September 16-May 14: 8 am-4 pm Monday-Friday (lobby closes at 3:45 pm; office closed on state holidays)
Summer Permit Parking
All non-metered areas of the city require a parking permit daily from 10 am-5 pm May 15-September 15. The City of Rehoboth Beach is not responsible for lost or stolen parking permits.
Parking vehicles longer than 22' 3" is restricted. Call 302-227-6184 for special instructions.
- Parking meters require payment from 10 am-10 pm from May 15-September 15.
- All parking meters have a 12-hour maximum limit with the exception of 30-minute spaces and at Grove Park.
- Meter rates are $3/hour citywide. Meters payments may be made using quarters or a credit card or via Parkmobile.
- All 30-minute and accessible spaces require payment during the parking meter season.
- When at the pay station, verify that the amount of time and amount you wish to pay are correct. If you are uncertain, please cancel the transaction and start over. No refunds are issued.
Make it easy to Park & Go using ParkMobile. For more information and to sign up for this service, please visit us.parkmobile.com.
Change machines are available at the following locations
- First Street & Rehoboth Avenue
- The third block of Rehoboth Avenue (on the island across from City Hall)
- Change also may be obtained at the Parking Department at 1 City Hall Drive, behind 30 Lake Avenue.
- Vehicles with handicapped permits must pay meter fees or purchase a parking permit.