It is the policy of the Rehoboth Beach Police Department to investigate all complaints against both sworn and civilian department employees.
The professional standards unit is responsible for investigating and reviewing citizen complaints in a fair and equitable manner. Citizens may file a complaint:
- Using the online complaint form below.
- In person or in writing, with the professional standards unit commander at the following address:
- Rehoboth Beach Police Department
- Professional Standards Unit
- 229 Rehoboth Avenue
- Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
- For citizens who wish to appear in person, business hours are 8 am-4 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Citizens also may file a complaint (in person, in writing, or by telephone) at any time with any Rehoboth Beach Police Department shift commander or by calling 302-227-2577.
- Complainants may remain anonymous.
- Anyone filing a citizens complaint will normally be contacted by the professional standards unit commander or an investigator within 7 days.
** Individuals may be held criminally and/or civilly liable for knowingly filing a false complaint or making a false statement. **