Red, white, and 'ooh'
The City of Rehoboth Beach is set to put the “ooh” and “ahh” into the 2024 Independence Day holiday with a fireworks display to launch around 9:30 pm Saturday, July 6. The display is visible along Rehoboth’s mile-plus beach and boardwalk.
Traffic control and road closures
Road closures will be implemented to facilitate access and safety:
- The bandstand area will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6 pm-midnight.
- Beginning at 7 pm, only bus traffic and residents will be permitted on Henlopen and Surf avenues.
- Residents on Henlopen Avenue and in Henlopen Acres and North Shores must access their residences via 2nd Street beginning at 7 pm.
- Vehicles will not be able to cross Rehoboth Avenue at the circle beginning at 7:30 pm.
- Rehoboth Avenue eastbound and Church Street from State Route 1 will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8 pm. At that point, all vehicles entering Rehoboth Beach will have to do so via State Road to Bayard Avenue.
- To exit Rehoboth after the fireworks, vehicles north of Rehoboth Avenue will be directed to exit via Rehoboth and Columbia avenues. Vehicles on the south side of Rehoboth Avenue will use Bayard Avenue to State Route 1 southbound only or Hickman or Munson streets to State Road to Route 1 north- and southbound.
Several parking restrictions will be in place Saturday, July 6. No parking will be allowed in the following locations:
- Surf Avenue
- Convention Center parking lot
- around the bandstand
- Grenoble Place and Surfside Place
- marked spots in part of the ocean block of Hickman Street
Alternatives for getting here
Sit back and relax and leave the driving to someone else. The city strongly encourages visitors to utilize the DART Park & Ride Service to travel into downtown. Please note that the pickup location for all DART routes following the fireworks is at the Henlopen Hotel. Visit the DART website or call 302-226-2001 for more information.
In addition, the Jolly Trolley will operate its Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach shuttle services on a revised schedule. For more route information, visit jollytrolley.com or call 302-644-0400.
The City of Rehoboth Beach provides approximately 2,200 metered parking spaces and additional permit-required spaces throughout town. Metered parking is in effect from 10 am-10 pm. Parking permits are enforced from 10 am-5 pm; after that, permitted spaces are open for general use.