Along with refuse collection, duites include carpentry, painting, welding, cleaning and general maintenance projects:
- Clearing overgrowth of bushes and trees blocking intersections.
- Repairing fences, boards, railings and bumpers on the Boardwalk.
- Rebuilding and painting benches and lifeguard stands.
- Assisting with City Events.
- Repairing and cleaning catch basin grates.
- Snow plowing, salting, and sanding roads.
- Maintain trees and plantings.
- Operating the street sweeper throughout the City of Rehoboth Beach.
- Operating the beach sand cleaner on resort beaches, City of Rehoboth Beach.
- Maintaining regular residential and commercial trash pickup duties.
- Hanging the holiday lights on City of Rehoboth Beach property, including streetlights and City trees and Boardwalk.
Please Pitch In and Keep our City Clean.
Parking Meter Technicians
The Parking meter technicians also fall within the jurisdiction of the Street Dept. They are responsible for the care and upkeep of all parking meters and change machines, signage, and street painting within the City of Rehoboth Beach.
The City of Rehoboth Beach Mechanics Shop performs a variety of functions to support the City of Rehoboth Beach. The mission of this division is to maintain and repair the service fleets for the City including the Public Works Department.
- Streets Department
- 20476 Lincoln Street
- P.O. Box 1163
- Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971