Important 2024 election dates
Each year, the City of Rehoboth Beach municipal elections takes place on the second Saturday of August - on Saturday, August 10, in 2024. Voting is from 10 am-6 pm at the convention center. Two commissioner posts will be on the ballot.
Other important dates to keep in mind:
- June 3 - deadline to file nominating petitions
- June 26 - absentee ballots available
- July 11 - voter registration deadline
- August 6 - last day to mail absentee ballots
- August 9 - absentee ballot requests must be filed by noon
To vote in City of Rehoboth Beach elections, voters must:
- be at least 18
- a resident or freeholder (for at least 30 days) or 10-year leaseholder (for at least six months)
- registered in the city's Book of Registered Voters.
Voters who miss two consecutive annual elections are placed on an inactive list. These voters are notified by postcard, and information about their voting status is requested.
Voters who wish to vote by absentee ballot in the 2024 election must submit a completed absentee ballot request form. The form is available online. To request that a form be mailed to you, call Donna Moore or Steven Perry at 302-227-6181, ext. 159.
Request forms must be completed and signed in order to be processed.
Return completed absentee ballot requests to:
City of Rehoboth Beach
229 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Absentee ballots are available 45 days prior to Election Day. Ballots will be mailed to everyone who has an absentee ballot request form on file with the city. The deadline for the city to mail absentee ballots is the last Tuesday before the election.
Absentee ballots must be returned in person or received by mail before polls close on Election Day.
Election questions? Call Donna Moore or Steven Perry at 302-227-6181, ext. 159.