Convention Center FAQ

Have Questions? We Have The Answers

What steps do I take to rent the Convention Center?
Please let us know as soon as possible regarding your intentions of booking so we may check our calendar and let you know the availability. Once a firm date is agreed upon we will send you a lease agreement for the Convention Center. This must be signed and returned with the payment schedule stated in the lease. 10-14 working days are needed prior to event to process application.

  • A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required on signing of the Lease Agreement.
  • Balance is due 10 days before event.
  • Copy of license must be on file in Convention Center Office 10 days prior to event.
  • Copy of liability insurance must be on file in Convention Center Office 10 days prior to event.

A floor plan is included with the application or can be downloaded here for you to design your table and chair layout and should be returned to us as soon as possible to allow us time to schedule setup. All tables and chairs will be set up to your needs as close as possible.

How do we announce our event on the Convention Center electronic sign?
The electronic sign, or 'Marquee', is an 8x3' two-sided full color graphics display that is 216x72 pixels. It is located in the median of Rehoboth Avenue right in front of the Convention Center. Our staff will make every attempt to display a message to your specifications or we will create one for you utilizing information from your web site or brochure. The sign is active from 5AM to 11PM daily. A Marquee layout sheet is included with the application and can be downloaded here and should be returned to us as soon as possible to allow us time to schedule setup.

Are the Convention Center and its other rooms handicap accessible?
We are handicap accessible with ramps located on the east and west sides of the building. A handicap elevator is provided for access to the stage.

Can I have my function catered?
Yes. All caterers must be licensed by the City of Rehoboth.

Can I prepare and serve my own foods at my function?
A commercial kitchen is available for rent. However, the Lessee has to provide all kitchen items!

Do I need any licenses or permits?

  • Persons, firms and corporations who lease the Convention Center and who, for profit, sell space to exhibitors, must obtain a City of Rehoboth Beach business license pursuant to the City Code
  • Each individual exhibitor shall obtain an exhibitors license as per City of Rehoboth Beach Code, Section 6-22. The fee is $10.00 per exhibitor who does not [already] possess a City of Rehoboth Beach business license
  • Any persons providing catering services in the Convention Center shall obtain a City of Rehoboth Beach business license
  • A liquor license may be required (see below)

Can I have liquor at my event in the Convention Center?
Yes, but we have our own rules as does the State of Delaware for serving liquor at any activity held in the Convention Center.

For non-profit groups intending to sell alcohol at a one-day event, a group gathering license must be obtained by the lessee:

The Convention Center does not have a liquor license. You must contact the Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission at 302-577-3200 to get a copy of the information you will need to obtain your own liquor license. Rules and regulations vary based on the type of venue.

Stay Informed!