Got Questions? We Have Answers
What steps do I take to rent the Convention Center?
Please let us know as soon as possible regarding your intentions to book so that we can check the calendar and let you know about availability. Once a firm date is agreed upon, the city will send you a lease agreement for the convention center. This must be signed and returned; the payment schedule will be stated in the lease. At least 10-14 working days prior to an event are required to process applications.
- A 50% percent deposit is required when the lease agreement is signed.
- Balance is due 10 days before the event.
- A copy of liability insurance must be on file with the city 10 days prior to the event.
- A copy of a temporary city business license, if necessary, must be on file with the city 10 days prior to the event.
How will the convention center be set up for my event?
A floor plan is included with the application or it may be downloaded above so that you can design your table and chair layout. The layout should be returned to us as soon as possible to allow time to schedule setup. All tables and chairs will be set up to your layout as close as possible.
How do we announce our event on the convention center electronic sign?
The electronic sign or marquee is an 8'x3' two-sided full-color graphic display (216x72 pixels). It is located in the median of Rehoboth Avenue right in front of the convention center. At your request, our staff will make every attempt to display a message to your specifications or we will create one for you utilizing information from your website or brochure. The sign is active from 5 am-11 pm daily. A marquee layout sheet is included with the application or may be downloaded below; the completed marquee layout should be returned to the city as soon as possible to allow us time to schedule setup.
Is the convention center handicap accessible?
We are handicap accessible with ramps located on the east and west sides of the building. A handicap elevator is provided for access to the stage.
Can I have my function catered?
Yes. All caterers must be licensed by the City of Rehoboth Beach.
Can I prepare and serve my own foods at my function?
A commercial kitchen is available for rent. Be aware that the lessee must provide all kitchen items.
Do I need any licenses or permits?
- Persons, firms, and corporations who lease the convention center and who, for profit, sell space to exhibitors, must obtain a City of Rehoboth Beach business license.
- Each individual exhibitor shall obtain an exhibitors license as required by City of Rehoboth Beach Code, Section 6-22. The fee is $10 per exhibitor, if the exhibitor does not [already] possess a City of Rehoboth Beach business license.
- Any persons or business providing catering services in the Convention Center shall obtain a City of Rehoboth Beach business license.
- An alcohol license may be required (see below).
Can I have alcohol at my event in the convention center?
Yes, but the city has its our own rules in addition to those of the State of Delaware for serving alcohol at any event held in the convention center.
Non-profit groups intending to sell alcohol at a one-day event, must obtain a group gathering license.
The convention center does not have an alcohol license. You must contact the Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission at 302-577-5204 to get information about obtaining your own alcohol license. Rules and regulations vary based on the type of venue.