You are here
Trash & Recycling
Due to the extremely high temperatures and humidity and its effect on the crews, the City of Rehoboth Beach has announced that pick up of residential trash and recycling that is regularly scheduled through August 31, will begin collection at 6 a.m. instead of the usual 7 a.m.
The City reminds residents to place items for collection after 6 p.m. the evening prior and no later than 6 a.m. on collection day.
The health and safety of our crews are very important to the City of Rehoboth Beach and your cooperation is appreciated.
The City of Rehoboth Beach provides for separate collection of:
For more information on collections of recyclables, yard waste, and refuse, please click on the above links or contact the Streets Department.
Refuse Pickup Schedule
April – December
- Two times/week
- Mondays & Thursdays – south side of Rehoboth.
- Tuesdays and Fridays – north side of Rehoboth including the Schoolvue area.
December – April
- One time/week - Residential Pickup
- Mondays – South side of Rehoboth.
- Tuesdays – North side of Rehoboth including the Schoolvue area.
- Monday, Tuesday, & Friday - Central Business District Pickup
Recycling Pickup Schedule
The City of Rehoboth Beach has renewed a three-year recycling contract with Blue Hen Dispose-All. The new schedule is a weekly pickup every Friday from May through September, and every other Friday from October through April. To ensure your recyclables are picked up, please place your container curbside between 6 pm Thursday evening and 7 am Friday morning. Your container must be removed from the curb before 9 pm Friday evening. Blue Hen Dispose-All is not responsible for returning to the city to collect recyclables that were not placed curbside prior to 7 am. The city’s recyclables collection program, instituted in 2006, remains free of charge including providing free containers. The change in schedule was necessary to maintain costs and services for residents. We have heard from so many citizens that recycling is important to them, and the city is committed to continuing with recycling.
37540 Oyster House Road, Rehoboth Beach DE 19971
OPEN ONLY TO CITY OF REHOBOTH BEACH RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
Year-Round Hours of Operation are Monday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To gain entry to the Recycling Center:
- RESIDENTS must provide proof of residence showing local Rehoboth Beach address and driver's license.
- BUSINESSES must provide a copy of the current Rehoboth Beach business license showing physical location within city limits.
The Recycling Center is monitored 24/7.
Yard Waste Pickup Schedule
First, Third, and Fifth Wednesday of each month
Please note: All yard waste must be in proper containers or bagged / bundled and tied.
Weekly Loose Leaf Collection Schedule October 1 - May 11
Clean, loose leaves and pine needles picked up at the curb line. Tree limbs and brush must be tied with rope or twine in arm length bundles for ease of pick-up.
Monday: Prospect Street, Queen Street, St. Lawrence Street, Rodney Street, Norfolk Street, and Lake Drive
Tuesday: Boardwalk to Scarborough Avenue, Stockley Street, New Castle Street, Hickman Street, Laurel Street, Brooklyn Avenue, Munson Street, and Philadelphia Street
Wednesday: Delaware Avenue, Wilmington Avenue, Christian Street, Country Club Estates, State Road, Lee Street, School Lane, New Castle Street Extended, Stockley Street Extended, Scarborough Avenue Extended, and Silver Lane
Thursday: Canal Street, Grove Street, Sixth Street, Jones Lane, Rehoboth Avenue, Sussex Street, Kent Street, Cookman Street, Short Park, Dover Street, Gerar Place, Third Street, Fourth Street, Fifth Street, Easton Street, Baltimore Avenue, Maryland Avenue, Olive Avenue, Virginia Avenue, First Street, Second Street, and Felton Street
Friday: Lakeview, Grenoble Place, Lake Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue, Oak Avenue, Park Avenue, Columbia Avenue, Henlopen Avenue, St. Michael's Place, and Easton Street
Christmas Tree Removal: Loose at curb - natural, no tinsel or decorations. Remove stand.
Need to dispose of construction materials and hazardous waste?
Contact the Delaware Solid Waste Authority at www.dswa.com or 800-404-7080.
Annual Spring Bulk Pickup
June 1 - 5, 2020 (daily) - North Side pickup including Schoolvue
June 8 - 12, 2020 (daily) - South Side pickup
Bulky Waste Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
- E-Waste (TVs and computer monitors)*
- Universal Waste (household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs less than 4 feet, and cell phones)*
- Lawn/Tree/Shrub Trimmings
- Tires (no rims; maximum of 5)
- Lumber, pipes, and trimmings less than or equal to FOUR inches in diameter and FIVE feet in length.
*Place these items to the side of your pile. The refrigerant must be recovered from appliances before we will accept it for pick-up. In such cases, owners need a professional, such as an employee of an appliance repair shop, to remove the refrigerant prior to disposal.
- Commercial Waste
- Dirt, Rocks, and Bricks
- Glass Panes (accepted if broken into pieces, placed in a hard plastic container or cardboard box, and labeled "Glass")
- Vehicle Batteries
- Household Garbage
- Hot Ashes
- Heavy Materials (like auto bodies, engines, etc.)
- Hazardous Waste (like paint, oil, chemicals, etc.)
Set Out Instructions:
- Place materials out no more than 24 hours before pick-up
- Place in front of your property line and on same side of street
- Keep pile clear of other objects, including cars
- Do not block sidewalks and traffic