You are here
Trash & Recycling
The City of Rehoboth Beach provides for a separate collection of:
For more information on collections of recyclables, yard waste, and refuse, please click on the above links or contact the Streets Department.
Refuse Pickup Schedule
April – November
- Two times/week
- Mondays & Thursdays – south side of Rehoboth
- Tuesdays and Fridays – north side of Rehoboth, including Schoolvue area
December – March
- One time/week - residential pickup
- Mondays – south side of Rehoboth
- Tuesdays – north side of Rehoboth, including Schoolvue area
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday - central business district pickup
Recycling Pickup Schedule
The City of Rehoboth Beach has renewed a three-year recycling contract with Blue Hen Disposal. The new schedule is a weekly pickup every Friday from May through September, and every other Friday from October through April. To ensure your recyclables are picked up, please place your container curbside between 6 pm Thursday evening and 7 am Friday morning. Your container must be removed from the curb before 9 pm Friday evening. Blue Hen Disposal is not responsible for returning to the city to collect recyclables that were not placed curbside prior to 7 am. The city’s recyclables collection program, instituted in 2006, remains free of charge including providing free containers. The change in schedule was necessary to maintain costs and services for residents. We have heard from so many citizens that recycling is important to them, and the city is committed to continuing with recycling.
37540 Oyster House Road, Rehoboth Beach DE 19971
OPEN ONLY TO CITY OF REHOBOTH BEACH RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
Year-Round Hours of Operation are Monday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To gain entry to the Recycling Center:
- RESIDENTS must provide proof of residence showing local Rehoboth Beach address and driver's license.
- BUSINESSES must provide a copy of the current Rehoboth Beach business license showing physical location within city limits.
The Recycling Center is monitored 24/7.
Yard Waste Pickup Schedule
First, Third, and Fifth Wednesday of each month
Please note: All yard waste must be in proper containers or bagged / bundled and tied.
Weekly Loose Leaf Collection Schedule
First Monday in October to Second Friday in May - Weekdays Only
Clean, loose leaves and pine needles picked up at the curb line. Tree limbs and brush must be tied with rope or twine in arm length bundles for ease of pick-up.
Monday: Prospect Street, Queen Street, St. Lawrence Street, Rodney Street, Norfolk Street, and Lake Drive
Tuesday: Boardwalk to Scarborough Avenue, Stockley Street, New Castle Street, Hickman Street, Laurel Street, Brooklyn Avenue, Munson Street, and Philadelphia Street
Wednesday: Delaware Avenue, Wilmington Avenue, Christian Street, Country Club Estates, State Road, Lee Street, School Lane, New Castle Street Extended, Stockley Street Extended, Scarborough Avenue Extended, and Silver Lane
Thursday: Canal Street, Grove Street, Sixth Street, Jones Lane, Rehoboth Avenue, Sussex Street, Kent Street, Cookman Street, Short Park, Dover Street, Gerar Place, Third Street, Fourth Street, Fifth Street, Easton Street, Baltimore Avenue, Maryland Avenue, Olive Avenue, Virginia Avenue, First Street, Second Street, and Felton Street
Friday: Lakeview, Grenoble Place, Lake Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue, Oak Avenue, Park Avenue, Columbia Avenue, Henlopen Avenue, St. Michael's Place, and Easton Street
Annual Spring Bulk Pickup
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
Acceptable items include:
- e-waste (television and computer monitors)*
- universal waste (household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs less than 4 feet, and cell phones)*
- tires (no rims; maximum of 5)
- lumber, pipes, and trimmings less than or equal to FOUR inches in diameter and FIVE feet in length.
*Place these items to the side of your pile of other bulk items. Refrigerant must be recovered from appliances before they can be picked up; owners should contact a professional, such as an employee of an appliance repair shop, to remove refrigerant prior to disposal.
Items that will not be accepted include:
- commercial waste
- dirt, rocks, and bricks
- lawn/tree/shrub trimmings
- glass panes (accepted if broken into pieces, placed in a hard plastic container or cardboard box, and labeled "Glass")
- vehicle batteries
- household garbage
- hot ashes
- heavy materials (such as auto bodies, engines, etc.)
- hazardous waste (such as paint, oil, chemicals, etc.).
Instructions for setting out bulk waste materials:
- Place materials out no more than 24 hours before pickup, which will take place throughout the entire city each day of the week this year.
- Place materials in front of your property line and on same side of the street.
- Keep the bulk items pile clear of other objects, including cars.
- Do not block sidewalks and traffic.
Christmas Tree Removal: Loose at curb - natural, no tinsel or decorations. Remove stand.
Need to dispose of construction materials and hazardous waste?
Contact the Delaware Solid Waste Authority at www.dswa.com or 800-404-7080.