You are here
Rules & Regulations
The Rehoboth Beach Patrol Headquarters is located at Baltimore Avenue and the Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
Ranked as one of the Nation’s best, the Beach Patrol operates seasonally from Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend through three weeks following Labor Day.
302- 227-2280 May-September
302- 227-6181 October-April
Beach Safety Beach & Boardwalk - Rules & Regulations
The Rehoboth Beach Police Department’s goal is to make your visit a safe one. The City of Rehoboth Beach ordinances are listed below. For the safety of you and others, these regulations must be followed. Enjoy your stay!
Rehoboth Beach Police Department is located at 229 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. If you have an emergency, always dial 911! The non emergency number is 302-227-2577.
Enjoy your visit to Rehoboth Beach!
As of May 15, 2014, the City of Rehoboth Beach adopted a City ordinance regulating outdoor smoking in public places. Signs are posted in various locations throughout the resort. Please click the following link which provides further information: Smoke Free Initiative
- We consider it a health and safety measure to close the beach during late hours. Persons shall not be on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on any public streets.
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No sleeping in cars on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk or on benches. Age required by Delaware law to enter bars, etc. is 21 years.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk or public streets within the City limits.
- No open fire on the beach.
- Dogs - It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The City has both a leash law and a pooper scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from May 1 through September 30.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
- Beach wheels are available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day through Labor Day. They are located at Maryland Avenue and the Boardwalk, and Laurel Street and the Boardwalk. They are located on the beach and cannot be removed from the beach. First come, first serve basis, with no rental fee.
- No vehicles on boardwalk or beach.
- Skateboarding – Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year round and on the sidewalks and streets at all hours from May 15 through September 15.
- Roller skates and roller blades - No person shall roller skate or roller blade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.
- Parking Meters – Parking meters are in effect from the Friday immediately preceding Memorial Day until and including the second Sunday following Labor Day, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. prevailing time until 12:00 a.m. midnight, prevailing time of each day and shall apply to all parking meter zones established within the City. All thirty-minute parking meter zones shall remain posted and shall be in effect for the entire year.