The Rehoboth Beach Police Department is now hiring police cadets for the 2020 summer season. Cadets will enforce all federal, state and local laws and ordinances of the City; patrol areas on foot, conduct property checks, investigate suspicious conditions and complaints, make arrests, perform plainclothes assignments to detect criminal/civil violations, prosecute cases before local and state courts, direct traffic and perform other duties as directed by the Chief of Police or your immediate supervisor.
- Must be 19 years of age by June 1, 2020.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Driver's License and be free from any criminal arrest or felony traffic arrests.
- Prefer applicants with an interest in future law enforcement/criminal justice careers.
- Completed Application.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Written Test and Cheif's Interview.
- Applicants must be able to attend all mandatory training dates: April 17th, 18th, 19th, April 24th, 25th, 26th, May 2nd, and 3rd, 2020.
- If given a Conditional Offer of Employment candidate must pass a psychological exam and drug test paid by the City and a physical exam paid by the applicant.
- Comprehensive training course in compliance with the Delaware Council on Police Training.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Paid for training time.
- Uniforms supplied.
- Specialized bike patrol unit assignments.
Applications are available at 229 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach or visit www.cityofrehoboth.com/government/departments/police/careers
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 24, 2020
Direct all Inquiries and Applications to:
Ms. Marion Jones, Office of the Chief
229 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 302-227-2577
The City of Rehoboth Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer