Rehoboth Beach Police officers earn one of the most competitive compensation and benefits packages in the area, including:
- A starting salary of $60,008 ($28.88/hour) for non-certified officers and $63,609 ($30.88/hour) for certified officers. Starting salary may be higher depending on years of COPT-certified experience.
- Participation in the County & Municipal Police Pension Plan, under which an officer is eligible for retirement upon completion of 20 years of credited service.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans available for officers and their families.
- Generous vacation, personal, and sick leave benefits.
- Paid holidays and overtime with numerous opportunities for extra duty assignments at $75/hour.
- Union membership (Teamster Local 326).
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities with a well-equipped fitness center.
- Opportunities for advancement and specialty assignments, such as detective, school resource officer, drone team, etc.
- 12-hour shifts.
- Education reimbursement opportunities.
- All equipment provided, including newly designed uniforms with Blauer Armorskin outer vest carriers and suspension system.