Dec 01, 2023
Two upcoming events will have impacts on Rehoboth Beach roadways over the next few days. Road closures and parking restrictions will be in place.
Seashore Marathon, Dec. 2
The Rehoboth Beach Seashore Marathon and Half-Marathon will be run Saturday, December 2, beginning at 7 am. More than 3,000 runners have registered for the event, which begins at the bandstand.
The following roads will be open to street residents only from 7 am-3 pm December 2:
- Henlopen Avenue (Henlopen Acres residents should use 2nd Street)
- Grove Street from Columbia Avenue to Henlopen Avenue
- Gerar Street
- 4th Street
- Sussex Street from 5th to 4th streets
Drivers should anticipate possible brief closures on the following roads at the following times:
- Rehoboth Avenue westbound from the bandstand to State Road
- State Road from Rehoboth Avenue to Hickman Street
- Hickman Street from State Road to Stockley Street
- Stockley Street from Hickman Street to Scarborough Avenue
- Scarborough Avenue from Stockley Street to Lake Drive
- Lake Drive
- Queen Street
- Surf Avenue
- Ocean Drive
Hometown Christmas Parade - Dec 4
The Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company's Hometown Christmas Parade will make its way along Rehoboth Avenue beginning at 6 pm Monday, December 4. Several road closures will be in place, with access provided only to street residents.
- Rehoboth Avenue will be closed from the traffic circle to the bandstand from 5:30-10 pm.
- State Street, from Hickman Street to Rehoboth Avenue, and Country Club Drive will be closed from 4-10 pm.
- Sussex Street, from Columbia Avenue to 4th Street, will be closed from 4-9 pm.
- 5th Street, from Rehoboth Avenue to Kent Street, will be closed from 4-9 pm.