Jun 06, 2022
The City of Rehoboth Beach is set to put the “ooh” and “ahh” into the July 4 Independence Day holiday weekend with a fireworks display to launch around 9:30 pm Sunday, July 3. The display, which will launch from the beach near Brooklyn Avenue, will be visible all along Rehoboth’s mile-plus beach and boardwalk.
The fireworks display will be sandwiched by a Funsters concert at the bandstand. A 10-piece band made up of lifelong friends, The Funsters will take the stage at 8 pm and again after the fireworks display. The band boasts a vast song list that covers the likes of Frank Sinatra to the Rolling Stones and the Beatles to Al Green.
Several road closures will be implemented to facilitate entry into and exit from Rehoboth Beach that evening:
- The bandstand area will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6 pm-midnight.
- Beginning at 6 pm, only bus traffic and residents will be permitted on Henlopen and Surf avenues.
- Vehicles will not be able to cross Rehoboth Avenue at the circle beginning at 7 pm.
- Rehoboth Avenue eastbound and Church Street from State Route 1 will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8:30 pm. At that point, all vehicles entering Rehoboth Beach will have to do so via State Road to Bayard Avenue.
- Residents on Henlopen Avenue, in Henlopen Acres, and North Shores must access their residences via Second Street beginning at 8:30 pm.
- To exit Rehoboth after the fireworks, vehicles north of Rehoboth Avenue will be directed to exit via Rehoboth and Columbia avenues. Vehicles on the south side of Rehoboth Avenue, will use Bayard Avenue to State Route 1 southbound only or Hickman or Munson streets to State Road to Route 1 north- and southbound.
DART and the Jolly Trolley will provide service into Rehoboth Beach on revised schedules the evening of July 3.