You are here
Scooters and Mopeds may not park in bicycle racks, on the Boardwalk or on sidewalks in Rehoboth Beach.
Scooter Description: Two wheels, a step-through chassis, powered by a motor, including Mopeds. Motorcycles, motorized skateboards, motorized wheelchairs and tripeds are NOT scooters.
All scooters must have a permit to park on city streets and parking lots:
- Friday immediately preceding Memorial Day through the second Sunday following Labor Day.
- 7 days a week 24 hours per day.
- Except if paying at a parking meter.
Scooter Parking Permits:
- Permits are $40 for the season.
- To purchase a scooter parking permit starting April 1, 2020, please fill out a Scooter Parking Permit Application and send in your payment via mail or the dropbox located in front of the Parking Department. Your permits will be mailed to you.
- Permits must be affixed to the front of scooters, preferably on one of the forks.
- Wherever possible the rear wheel should be placed against the curb.
Scooter Parking Areas
Scooters may only park in following areas designated as "Scooter Only" with a valid scooter permit:
- End of most Beach Blocks
- Designated spots on Baltimore and Wilmington Avenues
- Lot designated as "Martin's Lawn" near the Senior Center on Christian Street
- Deauville Beach parking area (spaces not marked)
- On-street in non-metered areas with a scooter permit
- At a parking meter with or without a scooter permit but must pay the meter fee