You are here
PARKING METERS & PERMITS IN EFFECT THROUGH SEPTEMBER 19
Throughout the summer season (the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day), parking in the City of Rehoboth is by permit or via meters only. Parking permits are enforced from 10 am-5 pm, and metered spaces require payment from 10 am-10 pm. Parking is free after 4 pm Mondays.
Head-in parking is required. Vehicles must be parked head in with the front of the vehicle toward the curb or edge of pavement in all angled or perpendicular parking spaces within the City of Rehoboth Beach. (Handicap-accessible vehicles are exempted from the head-in parking requirement.)
The Parking Department is located at 1 City Hall Drive, behind 30 Lake Avenue. In season, parking permits also may be purchased from 8:30 am-3 pm daily at kiosks in the 700 block of Bayard Avenue, between Stockley and Norfolk streets, and at 408 Rehoboth Avenue just beyond the drawbridge and traffic cirlce as you come into town. Parking permits are available on a daily, weekend, weekly, or seasonal basis.
Parking Department Hours
8 am-10 pm Tuesday-Sunday and 8 am-6 pm Monday (May 28-September 19, 2021)
8 am-4 pm Monday-Friday the rest of the year (closed on state holidays)
Summer Permit Parking
All non-metered areas of the city require a parking permit daily from 10 am-5 pm beginning the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day. The City of Rehoboth Beach is not responsible for lost or stolen parking permits.
After 4 pm on Mondays, permitted spaces are open for general use.
Parking vehicles longer than 21' 2" is restricted. Call 302-227-6184 for special instructions.
Please see the Rehoboth Beach Summer Parking Map.
- Parking meters require payment from 10 am-10 pm beginning the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day. Parking is free after 4 pm Mondays.
- All parking meters have a 12-hour maximum limit with the exception of 30-minute spaces and at Grove Park.
- Meter rates are $3/hour on Rehoboth Avenue from the boardwalk to Fourth Street, Baltimore and Wilmington Avenues from the boardwalk to Second Street, and First Street from Baltimore to Wilmington Avenue. All other city meters are $2/hour. Meters payments may be made using quarters or a credit card or via Parkmobile.
- All 30-minute and accessible spaces require payment during the parking meter season.
- When at the pay station, verify that the amount of time and amount you wish to pay are correct. If you are uncertain, please cancel the transaction and start over. No refunds are issued.
Make it easy to Park & Go using ParkMobile. For more information and to sign up for this service, please visit us.parkmobile.com.
Change machines are available at the following locations
- The Bandstand on Rehoboth Avenue
- First Street & Rehoboth Avenue
- The third block of Rehoboth Avenue (on the island across from City Hall)
- 306 Rehoboth Avenue (Chamber of Commerce)
- Change also may be obtained at the Parking Department at 1 City Hall Drive, behind 30 Lake Avenue.
- Vehicles with handicapped permits must pay meter fees or purchase a parking permit.