You are here
Valet Trash Service
On April 21, 2017, the Rehoboth Beach Commissioners approved opening the valet trash service to all residential property owners. This service is an amenity that benefits residents and solves on-site trash issues. The city's valet trash service is an additional $300 per year above the standard base trash service fee of $275 per year for full-time residents or $250 per year for part-time residents. Participants in the program will be required to purchase a minimum of one 95 gallon valet trash container for a one-time fee of $50 per container. The valet trash container must hold only household trash and be placed in a location predetermined by the city. Recycling and yard waste will not be picked up as part of the city's valet trash service.
The following are requirements for the service:
- Only city issued valet trash containers are approved for the valet trash service.
- Valet trash containers not in the predetermined location will not be transported.
- Valet trash containers will not be collected from locations in backyards or behind fences.
- Valet trash containers must be in a fully accessible location with a completely clear path to and from the curb.
- Valet trash containers that are obstructed by snow, debris or any other impediment will not be transported.
- Valet trash containers without closed lids and functioning handle and wheels will not be transported.
- Waste left on the ground in bags or containers other than approved valet trash containers will not be collected.
The deadline for enrollment was May 31, 2017, for the billing cycle of July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018. All fees are non-refundable.
Charges for the valet trash service will be included in your next annual trash bill. For questions, please contact the City of Rehoboth Beach Administrative Office at 302-227-6181 (option 2) or [email protected].