You are here
PARKING METERS & PERMITS IN EFFECT STARTING FRIDAY MAY 28, 2021
The Parking Department is located at 1 City Hall Drive, off of Lake Avenue behind 30 Lake Ave.
Parking Department Office Summer Hours: Monday through Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday May 28th through the second Sunday after Labor Day.
Parking Department Office Winter Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed state holidays).
Head-in parking is required. Vehicles must be parked head-in with the front of the vehicle toward the curb or edge of pavement in all angled or perpendicular parking spaces within the City of Rehoboth Beach.
Summer Permit Parking
All non-metered areas of the City require a parking permit daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day. Parking is free on Mondays from 4 p.m. to 10. p.m. The City of Rehoboth Beach is not responsible for lost or stolen parking permits.
Parking vehicles over 21' 2" in length is restricted. Call 302-227-6184 for special instructions.
Please see the Rehoboth Beach Summer Parking Map.
- Parking meters are in effect beginning the Friday before Memorial Day through the second Sunday after Labor Day, from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. Parking is free on Mondays from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- All parking meters have a maximum of a 12-hour limit with the exception of 30-minute spaces and Grove Park.
- Meter rates are $3 an hour on Rehoboth Avenue from the Boardwalk to Fourth Street, Baltimore, and Wilmington Avenues from the Boardwalk to Second Street and First Street from Baltimore Avenue to Wilmington Avenue. All other meters in the City are $2 an hour. Meters are payable by quarters, credit card, or via Parkmobile.
- All 30-minute spaces and accessible spaces require payment during the parking meter season.
- When selecting your time at the pay station, verify that the amount of time and the amount you wish to pay is correct. If you are uncertain, please cancel the transaction and start over. No refunds will be issued.
Make it easy to Park & Go by using ParkMobile. For more information and to sign up for this service, please visit their website at us.parkmobile.com.
Change machines are available at the following locations:
- The Bandstand on Rehoboth Avenue
- First Street & Rehoboth Avenue
- The third block of Rehoboth Avenue (on the island across from City Hall)
- 306 Rehoboth Avenue (Chamber of Commerce)
- Change may also be obtained at the Parking Meter Department at 1 City Hall Drive, off of Lake Avenue behind 30 Lake Ave.
- ADA vehicles must pay meter fees or purchase a parking permit.