You are here
Now Hiring Police Cadets for the 2020 Summer Season
February 6th, 2020
The Rehoboth Beach Police Department is now hiring police cadets for the 2020 summer season. Cadets will enforce all federal, state and local laws and ordinances of the City; patrol areas on foot, conduct property checks, investigate suspicious conditions and complaints, make arrests, perform plainclothes assignments to detect criminal/civil violations, prosecute cases before local and state courts, direct traffic and perform other duties as directed by the Chief of Police or your immediate supervisor.
- Must be 19 years of age by June 1, 2020.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Driver's License and be free from any criminal arrest or felony traffic arrests.
- Prefer applicants with an interest in future law enforcement/criminal justice careers.
- Completed Application.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Written Test and Cheif's Interview.
- Applicants must be able to attend all mandatory training dates: April 17th, 18th, 19th, April 24th, 25th, 26th, May 2nd, and 3rd, 2020.
- If given a Conditional Offer of Employment candidate must pass a psychological exam and drug test paid by the City and a physical exam paid by the applicant.
- Comprehensive training course in compliance with the Delaware Council on Police Training.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Paid for training time.
- Uniforms supplied.
- Specialized bike patrol unit assignments.
Applications are available at 229 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach or visit www.cityofrehoboth.com/government/departments/police/careers
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 24, 2020
Direct all Inquiries and Applications to:
Ms. Marion Jones, Office of the Chief
229 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 302-227-2577
The City of Rehoboth Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer