You are here
Commissioners Regular Meeting Oct. 18
October 11th, 2019
The Commissioners Regular Meeting is scheduled for Friday, October 18, 2019, at 3 p.m., in the City Hall Commissioners Room on the second floor. The meeting agenda includes:
Items on the Commissioners' agenda which are considered routine and non-controversial are marked with an asterisk (*) and will be acted upon by a single roll call vote of the Commissioners. There will not be any separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commissioners so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the consent agenda and considered a separate item.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call.
4. Correspondence (relating to agenda items only)
5. Consider a vote of the Commissioners to accept the consent agenda.
6. Approval of Minutes*
- Executive Session Meeting held on September 19, 2019
- Regular Meeting held on September 20, 2019
- Regular Meeting held on March 15, 2019
- Special Meeting held on June 27, 2019
- Town Hall Meeting held on January 5, 2019
- Town Hall Meeting held on July 13, 2019
- Workshop Meeting held on October 7, 2019
- Workshop Meeting held on September 6, 2019
- Workshop Meeting held on February 5, 2018
- Workshop Meeting held on March 5, 2018
7. City Manager's Report
A. Street Aid Expenditure
8. City Solicitor's Report
9. Departmental Reports.
A. Building & Licensing
10. Board & Commission Reports
A. Board of Adjustment
B. Parks & Shade Tree Commission
C. Planning Commission
11. Committee Reports
A. Animal Issues
B. Bandstand/Convention Hall/Special Events
C. Boardwalk & Beach
- Presentation on bicycling patterns on and in the vicinity of the north Boardwalk and other bicycling recommendations.
- Proposal for conducting a recycling trial on the Boardwalk and beach.
D. Law Oversight
E. Mayor's Advisory Committee on Trees
F. Parking Advisory
G. Streets & Transportation
12. Liaison Reports
A. Chamber of Commerce
B. Historical Society
C. Main Street
D. Senior Center
13. Followup by Todd Fritchman based on October 7, 2019 Workshop Meeting presentation regarding stormwater.
14. Old Business
A. Consideration and vote on Appointments
- Audit Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Elections
- Planning Commission
- Parks & Shade Tree Commission
- Ten (10) City Committees
- Organizational Liaisons
B. Continued discussion by Merje Design on draft wayfinding design and necessary steps to move the project forward.
C. Consideration and possible vote on resolution setting the public hearing date relating to the proposed administrative variance ordinance.
D. Consideration and possible vote on resolution setting a public hearing date regarding potential amendments to Section 270-46.1.2 relating to Wireless Communications Facilities and the approval of conditional use thereunder.
E. Consideration and possible vote on draft water tower lease agreement between the City of Rehoboth Beach and Verizon Wireless to place apparatus on City-owned property.
15. New Business
A. Consideration and possible vote on agreement with DelDOT to award the City of Rehoboth Beach $300,000 for the Grove Park Canal Access Project.
16. Commissioner Comments
17. Determine future meeting dates.
A. November workshop and regular meetings
18. Citizen Comment
AGENDA ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED OUT OF SEQUENCE
[Time may not allow for consideration of all agenda items.]
Citizen comment regarding Old Business, New Business and Committee Reports will be heard during each agenda topic after initial discussion by the Commissioners or at the discretion of the Chair and prior to any vote being taken. Speakers shall state their name and address. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes at the discretion of the Chair. Comments on non-agenda items will be heard under "Citizen Comment".
*For additional information or special accommodations, please call (302) 227-6181 (TDD Accessible) 24-hours prior to the meeting.
For the meeting agenda, please visit cityofrehoboth.civicweb.net/Portal/. To live stream meetings, please click on the video button above each meeting agenda or by navigating to youtube.com/c/rehobothbeach.