You are here
Commissioners Regular Meeting Nov. 15
November 12th, 2019
The Commissioners Regular Meeting is scheduled for Friday, November 15, 2019, at 3 p.m., in the City Hall Commissioners Room on the second floor. The meeting agenda includes:
Items on the Commissioners' agenda which are considered routine and non-controversial are marked with an asterisk (*) and will be acted upon by a single roll call vote of the Commissioners. There will not be any separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commissioners so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the consent agenda and considered a separate item.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence (relating to agenda items only)
5. Consider a vote of the Commissioners to accept the consent agenda.
6. Approval of Minutes*
Executive Session held on September 19, 2019
Regular Meetings held on April 24, 2019, June 21, 2019, August 16, 2019 and October 18, 2019
Special Meetings held on October 19, 2018, June 27, 2019, September 19, 2019 and October 28, 2019
Special Workshop Meeting held on December 7, 2018
Town Hall Meeting held on January 5, 2019
Workshop Meetings held on February 5, 2018, March 5, 2018, May 7, 2018 and June 4, 2018
7. City Manager's Report
A. Street Aid Expenditure
8. City Solicitor's Report
9. Departmental Reports
A. Building & Licensing
10. Board & Commission Reports
A. Board of Adjustment
B. Parks & Shade Tree Commission
C. Planning Commission
11. Committee Reports
A. Animal Issues
B. Bandstand/Convention Hall/Special Events
C. Boardwalk & Beach
D. Law Oversight
E. Mayor's Advisory Committee on Trees
F. Parking Advisory
G. Streets & Transportation
12. Liaison Reports
A. Chamber of Commerce
B. Historical Society
C. Main Street
D. Senior Center
13. Permit of Compliance Hearing - Request by Darryl Ciarlante-Zuber & Joseph Ciarlante-Zuber of Uncles Inc. to operate a new restaurant serving alcoholic beverages to be known as "Square One Grill", pursuant to the City of Rehoboth Beach Municipal Code, Chapter 215 - Restaurants. The restaurant will be located at 10 North First Street.
14. Public Hearing and possible vote on a proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 270, Zoning, of the Municipal Code of the City of Rehoboth, Delaware, 2001, by inserting a new Section 270-28 relating to the administrative grant of dimensional variances of up to one foot for building setbacks, side yard requirements and rear yard requirements.
15. Public Hearing and possible vote on a proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 270, Zoning, of the Municipal Code of the City of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, 2001, by amending Section 270-46.1.2 relating to conditional use approval for certain wireless communications facilities.
16. Old Business
A. Consideration and possible vote on the adoption of the 2018 International Code updates.
B. Consideration and possible vote on the proposed resolution setting a fee schedule for wireless telecommunications facilities.
C. Consideration and possible vote on draft ordinance pertaining to stormwater protection measures for construction projects.
D. Consideration and vote on accepting the recommendation of the Audit Committee approving the audit as prepared by the auditing firm Barbacane, Thornton & Co. for the City’s fiscal year ended March 31, 2019.
17. New Business
A. Consideration and vote on appointments to Committees:
Streets & Transportation - Marc Nodell, Bruce Kauffman
Environment Committee - Sam Cunningham, Mary Peck, Susan Morrison, Heather Metz, Stueart Martens, Kevin Carr, Nettie Green, Janet Taylor-Smith, Kathryn Berwyn
Parking Advisory Committee - John Dewey
B. Discussion of priorities for upcoming budget process, 2020-2021.
18. Commissioner Comments
19. Determine future meeting dates.
20. Citizen Comment
AGENDA ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED OUT OF SEQUENCE
[Time may not allow for consideration of all agenda items.]
Citizen comments regarding Old Business, New Business, and Committee Reports will be heard during each agenda topic after initial discussion by the Commissioners or at the discretion of the Chair and prior to any vote being taken. Speakers shall state their name and address. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes at the discretion of the Chair. Comments on non-agenda items will be heard under "Citizen Comment".
*For additional information or special accommodations, please call (302) 227-6181 (TDD Accessible) 24-hours prior to the meeting.
For the meeting agenda, please visit cityofrehoboth.civicweb.net/Portal/. To live stream meetings, please click on the video button above each meeting agenda or by navigating to youtube.com/c/rehobothbeach.