You are here
Mayors Advisory Committee on Trees
Mission Statement: Preserve and grow the community forest of Rehoboth Beach, through public education, and by promoting programs and policies that enhance the tree canopy for current and future generations.
Goals and Objectives
1. Coordinate tree-related initiatives among civic groups, private citizens, businesses and city staff and government.
2. Focus on increasing the number of trees on both private and public property .
3. Quantify current tree canopy and determine number of new trees needed to achieve 40% canopy.
4. Implement a public information and education program to inform citizens of importance of trees to environment and to character of the city.
5. Conduct annual events to make trees available, at reduced cost, for property owners desiring trees on private property.
6. Work with city staff to realize the goals of the Comprehensive Development Plan, including development of a Community Forest Plan, and fostering a more positive public attitude towards trees.
7. Establish criteria for measuring the success of each committee goal.
Sturges Dodge, Co-Chair, [email protected]
Susan Gay, Co-Chair, [email protected]