You are here
City of Rehoboth Beach Fireworks
July 1st, 2018 - 9:15 pm
Celebrate Independence Day in Rehoboth Beach on Sunday, July 1, 2018, with a spectacular fireworks display by Zambelli Fireworks at approximately 9:15 p.m. The fireworks are launched from the beach south of Rehoboth Avenue and visible up and down the boardwalk and beach. Please be in town early. Depending on the weather, the fireworks may be launched any time after 8 p.m.
Rock with The Funsters. Performing 8-9:15 p.m. before the fireworks and then again until 11 p.m. following the fireworks. For event information visit rehobothbandstand.com.
Easy Parking and Transportation
It is strongly recommended that you use DART PARK & RIDE to travel into downtown. Visit dartfirststate.com or call 302-226-2001 for route information.
In Town Options Include
North Rehoboth Deauville Beach Lot – Fee per car until the lot is filled.
Metered and non-metered fee permit parking spaces throughout town.
The Jolly Trolley
The Jolly Trolley will be operating the daily Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach shuttle services, in full schedule, from 8 a.m.-2 a.m. The Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach fixed route will be from/to the Rehoboth Beach Bandstand and to/from South Dewey Beach at Dickinson Street, on the Bay, including servicing the Dewey Beach stops along the ocean side of Highway One, in Dewey Beach. Please note, during and after the fireworks, in Rehoboth Beach, the Convention Center stop, Village by the Sea stop, and the uptown Christian Street stop will be closed. Traffic delays are expected. For more route information, please visit jollytrolley.com or call 302-644-0400.
Traffic Advisory and Road Closures
- The Rehoboth Beach Bandstand will be closed to vehicle traffic from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Vehicles will not be able to cross Rehoboth Avenue at the Circle beginning at 7 p.m.
- Rehoboth Avenue E/B and Church Street from SR1 will be closed to vehicle traffic beginning at 8:30 p.m. All vehicles will have to enter Rehoboth Beach via State Road to Bayard Avenue.
- All traffic north of Rehoboth Avenue should exit Rehoboth Beach via Columbia Avenue and Rehoboth Avenue.
- All traffic south of Rehoboth Avenue should exit Rehoboth Beach via Bayard Avenue S/B (SR1 S/B traffic only) or via Hickman Street and Munson Street W/B to State Road to SR1 N/B and S/B. Traffic signs will be posted.
- Residents in Henlopen Acres and North Shores and on Henlopen Avenue will access their residence via First Street beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- Only bus and resident traffic will be allowed on Henlopen Avenue beginning at 6 p.m.
- Only bus traffic will be allowed on Surf Avenue beginning at 6 p.m.
The City of Rehoboth Beach 2018 Fireworks is a collaborative effort among the City of Rehoboth Beach, Zambelli Pyrotechnical Team, Rehoboth Beach Police Department, Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Department, Delaware State Police, DelDOT, DART, Sussex County EMS, U.S. Coast Guard, State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Rehoboth Beach Lifeguards.
For more information, please contact the Communications Department at 302-227-6181 ext. 522 or [email protected].